Wednesday 26 February 2014

“First Shot, Last Chance”

“First Shot, Last Chance”

Since I was a little kid,

I’ve always carried this dream,

This dream to become the best,

Floating so high above the rest,

I wanted everyone to feel my presence inside the court,

Just like what my pops said “Son, you’ve got to own the court”.

I remember my first shot,

I was running fast towards the hoop,

My teammate passed me the ball and said “shoot it!”

So I threw the ball up in the air, I watched it,

As the ball fell and makes its way through the hoop,

“Splash!”, I heard my dad shout while watching from the courtside.

Now if I haven’t taken that shot,

I would not have loved this sport,

Inside the court you shouldn’t have doubt,

You must do what you can,

Never hide what you got,

Because this might be the only chance you’ve got

So take every chance you’ll get and make it like it’s your last shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment