Sunday 23 February 2014

“The One and Only”



All of my friends are telling me
I’m lucky and free like a bee
Fortunate to seems but for me
It’s not as easy as what they see.

Being only daughter is so sad
It makes me feel crazy and so mad
To do the things asks by Mom and Dad
Irritated me because I’m odd.

Clean this; wash the dishes all I hear
Arrange those and these, Oh Mama Dear…
To obey is nice, to complain is rare
Just to let my parents feel... I’m here.

Yes! They love me full and they are proud
Gives all the best I need and must have
They teach me to live a simple life
No hatred but love which fills my heart.

But still I feel very lonely
To see my peers with big family
Displace the face of feeling envy…
Just take a deep breath, take it easy!


I wish I can play with a bro or a sis
It runs in my mind how happy I’ll be
But I also think – will we always agree
In everything we’ll share, will they be happy?

If I have a big family as I imagine
Can I study in this school and get all I need?
Maybe yes or maybe no but one thing is for sure
That my parents may be happy but very much pressure.

My parents decided to have me and two more
But God did not give them for us to nurture
Until now I’m alone still waiting like before
Holding a dream with the thoughts life is too good to feel bore.

Though I’m stating this sadness of my heart
The other side of it is a contentment part
To have responsible and loving parents is a jackpot
That God has given me to be grateful for all I’ve got.

No comments:

Post a Comment