Wednesday 26 February 2014

Frustrated Baller Written by: Daniel Pilapil



One moment in my life, I turned on the T.V.

And the show was Basketball TV

I heard a drop *bounce *bounce *bounce…

It was like a cheer of a crowd with a heart’s strong pounce

I saw a ring, a tall man, and two tall rings beside them

Time ticks as every drop of sweat flows through their hair

A man beside who was wearing suit and tie

Yelling to the players in an arena

A sound of *SWOOOSH* exploded

As the silent crowd goes wild like animals trapped inside and caged

One day I was passing by near a court in our town

A ball rolls up in front of me

A tall guy told me to “c’mon men shoot the ball”, “Show me some of your skills”

I throw it up in the air and it swims through the rim

He told me “man, you got game”

I was walking home with a smile in my face I saw my mom

I called her while I was across the road; the next thing that happened is me waking up,

Lying in a bed with a bandage around my ankle through my knee

With many people around me crying

It took 3 months till I recover and my dream of playing a ball is never going to happen

I realized that day when I started to walk again is

You fail and recover and that’s what life is, life is a game of up and down

You fail because you miss a lesson to learn to succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment